About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

M is still for Motorcycles

These next three are all by or connected to Eidai also marketed as Grip, all are also German army, WWII.

This first shot is of the first version motorcycle and side-car, the nearest is strait from the box, the second is after a bit of a clean-up, extra tyre and a new head, the third has been given the head treatment and will be left without side-car...if it's ever finished!

This is the second version by the same company, it comes with the MG, and a proper helmet on the rider, but he still has semi-flat arms and the spare-tyre has a mudguard?

Finally - This is a cardboard flat I made by cutting the - in scale - artwork off the side of the box the above came in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eidai were an odd outfit. The kits they issued in the early 70s appeared to be a mixture of original and copied items (for example, their German armoured car looked like a Minitanks model) in both 1/76 and 1/87 scales.

That said, their Secret German Base kit with it's lift off roof showing underground rooms, whilst not scoring top marks for realism, was a classic. Paul Keough

Hugh Walter said...

Yes, and if you know anyone who has a spare 'furniture & fittings' sprue from that set, I'd happily kill Blair for one!!

If it's a colour match I'll kill Blair and Mandleson...(Joking; Mr/Ms MI5 internet trawler!! Or am I?)