About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Q is for Quadruple

Of course! What were you expecting? Quaker? Nah...I loaded them on my Imageshack account ages ago! I've had a quick look at the dictionary and there are several I can use and the South African Quadrupedal Quagger t'aint one of them!

So to give Flak cover to the Pz.Kfw.IV I posted the other day I knocked this up at the same time, it's the Esci kit with link-and-length track. The elevation mechanism works but it was a bugger to get right and I think this was connecting-rod No.3!!

Side skirts were cut from fine mesh, camouflage (from the mosQuito netting in the air-flaps of an Army marquee) was draped about and some sandbags placed on the front. Spare magazines were cut from a grooved 'washer' I cut from a thick sheet of Plasticard with a set of mariners dividers.

No comments: