About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

N is for Noah (and Nano'nanimals)

Very much an unscheduled post, I have Pirates, Bull Fighters and French troops in the queue along with more link-stuff from the Wibbly Wobbly Way and some new production/new acquisitions also waiting...but these came in half an hour ago, it's my Birthday (no - I'm not fishing for congratulations...I'm 40-too-old today!) and my Mother found these in a charity shop; they are so small the only word for them is exquisite. The whole ensemble, I've found them on Google and the current set has a few more pairs of animals, but from the condition of this set and the packing, it's either an earlier one with fewer animals, or the seller couldn't bare to part with some of them? Noah and his wife are smaller than N-gauge in size but at this scale it's all a bit relative with over-sized peacocks (no peahen!) and undersized giraffes and elephants. The lions look a bit 'powerful' next to the cattle as well! Another shot of the Ark loading, the little jewellery box they come in and comparisons with - on the left; a 54mm/1:32 Crescent circus lion and on the right; a 40mm baby elephant probably by Heyde or similar. Made for 1:12 scale dolls houses play-rooms the website (Minnie Maria) has not been updated for a year or two, but the speed life moves at these days - this means nothing and they are worth an eMail if you fancy a set, they also do a Toy Soldier!

2 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Congratulations on reaching the 40+ club as well sir!

Hugh Walter said...

Dude - When I say "Forty-too-old"...I mean 48! Hahahaha! I've had nearly half-a-century on this mad rock!