About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

T is for ToyMark

Breathe deeply...calm down...ffffwwooooooossssssssss...arah! That's better...here's a gratuitous picture of a 'plane, everybody likes a picture of a 'plane don't they? The best plane ever built; a Hawker Harrier VTOL 'Jump-jet' from Toy Mark under guard in a farmyard somewhere in the Sauerland, that's it really...it's a Harrier (the prototype was called a Kestrel or something? Ptarmigan? Pheasant? Foxbat! No...that was OpFor!), by Hawker Aviation (actually this one's probably meant to be by MacDonald Douglas!), the best 'plane ever built (except for Concord, the SR71...) under guard (he's asleep), in a picture (it's fake - it's a toy!)...by ToyMark - box ticked.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Great looking toy. USMC AV-8A with a RN Tail symbol. You cannot get much better than that Hugh!

Hugh Walter said...

Thanks Paul - it's probably on loan!!

I have a terrible confession to make as it happens, re. ready-made 'planes...

Years ago I found a large (1:48?) model of either a Jaguar or Tornado at a car boot sale, it had some damage and I looked at it and thought should I try mending it? Decided against it and took a hammer to it to get the pilot out! He's still in a bag marked "came with (whatever) fighter", the sin being that it was a fibreglass defence-industry desk model of some quality!

Hay Ho!
Hugh

Caballerodecopas said...

It's a great plane :) I love to collect planes too. I have the same plane of the same mark. I buyed that when I had 16yo in 1999. But I have the Harrier in the gray/light gray camo and the F-16C that came in the set with the Harrier. Just now I have both planes in my room near to my Redbox Aircraft Carrier. Greetings from Peru. the confession of Maverick is really sad! :.( I ever feel sad when one of my planes brokes no matter if it's small or big.

Hugh Walter said...

Thanks C

Glad you found it! I won't link to any of your sites as it probably wouldn't go down well with some of my Middle-American (or Middle-aged!!) visitors...

Hugh