About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

News, views etc...Plastic Warrior 148 (July 2012)

The latest issue of Plastic Warrior has come out and is - as always - packed with interesting bits and bobs, among which are;

* A very interesting follow-up to the Marx Capus Cuties from issue 146 by Mark Hegeman
* WW2 French Conversions from Giamperio Larizza (who has a new Toy Soldier blog on Wordpress)
* Matt Thair continues his round-up of Cherilea's British Commandos (part 3).
* Crescent Oddities
* Coverage of other new products from
- Lancashire Painted Soldiers (Painting service)
- Toy Soldiers of San Diego (TSSD - Tombstone Collection)
- Replicants (Culloden)
- Paragon (US Cavalry)
- Ivanhoe (1980's Afghans)
- Barzo (AWI)
- Supreme/SP in Tiger packaging (they are also now in Halsall!)
* Tibidab0 - Giampiero Larizza and Antonio Ballarini
* Large Scale news from Peter Evans (Papo, Bully, ELC, Revell and Schlicht)
* LJN swoppets (well; 'swivel-heads'!) also from Peter Evans
* Lone*Star Vehicle variants from Daniel Lepers
* Book reviews on two new titles from Spain
* Plus all the usual news & letters with figures from around the world (Tipple Topple [Austria], Spojnia [Poland] and Russian figures), and the usual special shots on front and back covers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hue . Hope all is well . Ken

Hugh Walter said...

Fine dude - and despite being homeless again, your tanks are with me (or get-at-able)!!
H

Gog said...

Hi Hugh,
Can I read that somewhere or is it a "paper" magazine? the Lone Star variants article is very appealing to me.
Thanks!

Hugh Walter said...

You have to subscribe dude! Follow the link at the top of the page on the righthand side...'THE' Plastic Warrior magazine.
H

PS - got you email - will reply before I head up the wooden steps tonight!