About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, July 11, 2014

S is for UNA, U is for Speedwell?

As well as the welcome additions to the Khaki Infantry page he's made, Barney Brown also sent these eight images from his website's sales page (you've missed them but he does keep adding nice bits as he finds them!).

The last time we looked at these...

U is for Usurpers

They were generally believed to be Speedwell, having previously been pencilled-in as Charbens, Kentoys or Trojan, they are now suspected to also be the figures listed in an UNA catalogue/advert.

The 'Good Guys'; Little John with his staff, Maid Marion and her Beau; Robin of Loxley, there was also a figure of Friar Tuck, who can be seen in the previous post.

The 'Bad Guys'; The horrible Sheriff of Nottingham and two of his goons. As far as I know a boxed set has yet to surface by either Speedwell or UNA, so which was which is open to question, as there are only two or three paint variations or plastic colour variations for each figure - that might be a clue - but when you look at the variations each company had in its Khaki Infantry range, I suspect it may one day be clear that while they both listed Robin Hood figures - only one actually got them to market, or that they both sold common stock and there's nothing to tell between them?

Barney's Website/Shop (and he's just listed some nice ACW sets!)

Herald Toys and Models

No comments: