About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, October 6, 2014

G is for Golden - Stamp Books

Some shots from the archive. Who had one of these...who remembers these? We had a Wild West one I think, and possibly a dinosaur one? But as a Toy Soldier collector; this is the one to get! Of course; they're not stamps in any meaningful use of the word, having no monetary value, being only pre-glued, perforated labels on sheets you have to separate yourself.

These have been pasted-in with some care and lined-up nicely etc..some you see have been glued by an unsupervised 5-year old and can be in a right state, although the real trick is to find one with the [licky-sticky] sticker sheets still in the front of the book, undamaged.

2 comments:

Midnight said...

Hi , ihave one with the stamps in original form. Would you by any chance know the worth.Please and Thank you

Hugh Walter said...

I don't offhand midnight, the best thing to do is keep an eye on eBay or similar until you've seen one or two the same condition as yours sell, that should give you some idea?

H