About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, December 19, 2014

B is for Beware...

...Greeks bearing gifts, even if it is at Christmas and especially if the gift is made of wood!

Very quick box-tick tonight...

These are all Britains Herald from Hong Kong production, with the integral bases on the left of each pair and the 'swoppet' base on the right. I do have some of the better painted UK made Herald versions in storage, along with the mounted figure and some HK copies, and they were given tentative titles a few years ago in Plastic Warrior magazine, so we will return to them for sure, but for now, that'll do!

I will add that you can use hot water to straighten the bent spear, but don't use it straight from the kettle, if it's too hot the vinyl will shrivel-up like a sun-dried worm!

No comments: