About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

C is for Captain Video

Bit of eye-candy for the sci-fi 'pulp' fans with this box ticker...Lido's Captain Video space vehicles. Really a space-train, with each chassis having a hook at one end and a towing-eye at the other, they are to be attached in a chain and dragged round the carpet/sand-pit while the operator makes ray-gun noises!

The operator being encouraged by the plug-in ray-guns...

...and weird 'sails'...radar?

The downside with these tiny vehicles was that they are a hard polystyrene and subject to easy damage, while the plug-ins start life with quite a tight fit leading to snapped locating spigots, and latter - once they've worked a bit loose - loss. Likewise the wheels can work loose and disappear into the ether of lost toy parts!

Thanks to Mercator Trading for the photo-op.

2 comments:

johnpreece said...

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the posts in the last year. I have enjoyed following the blog whether for new information or the occasional 'I used to have one of those'.

Happy New Year
John

Hugh Walter said...

Thank you very much John...I'd love to return the compliment, but...you've rather starved me of my Spencer Smith / Eriksson fix in 2014! I'll have to did mine out and publish something...'Real life' I know! Maybe this coming year...?

Hugh