About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

T is for Two - Silver Polymer!

As XH558, the last of the British V-Bomber fleet and the last of the truly independent nuclear deterrent carriers flies it's last and slides into retirement because our government of dead pig-fuckers would rather kau-tau to the totalitarian communist killers of the Glosters than support it's continued flight, I thought we could look at a model of the beast care of Tri-Ang, another British concern killed by the activities of the Far east and their inability to play by the rules - there are several copies of this with Hong Kong stamped on the base!

In Vulcan scale it's about 1:144, but with an oversize flight-deck/canopy and no engine exhausts! The fuselage is also a bit fat, it lacks the fine lines of a real Vulcan, one of the most stunning of delta-wing aircraft, but as toys go, it's a winner with its push-and-go flywheel engine.

To make the post: Another early British plastic toy, in unpainted, hard, silver, polystyrene plastic with the bronze bits that makes me think it's probably Tudor Rose, we looked at a green one here; T is for Tudor Rose, part 2 - loose-ends. This one has a shy driver! It also backs-up my musings re. the silver AA-wagon in the same link?

4 comments:

Ed and Bettina Berg said...

Ok, I'm droolin' :-) - Nice stuff Hugh!!

Hugh Walter said...

Neither of them are mine Ed! I've an HK copy of the plane by Lucky or 'EM', and a green version of the tank, but these were photographed on peoples stalls at two different shows!

H

Ed and Bettina Berg said...

oh well, cool to look at though!

Hugh Walter said...

:-)