About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

A is for Additional Avian Advertising Articles

As well as the links to his Jig Toy pages Nick Symes also sent a follow-up to the Vitacup figure posts, I think we have seen the Penguin, but the other two are new to the blog so thanks Nick. That's it really...I'll work on a list to add before I publish...now below, as if by magic! :-)

Penguin, Ostrich and Eagle

Known Listing
(headings are mine)

Domestic (4)
Cat
Poodle
Airedale/Scottie type
Bulldog

Farm (6/7)
Pony (four legs on the ground)
Foal (one leg bent)
Horse
Goat
Lamb (standing head turned)
Lamb (lying? head forward)
Sheep - Prone (might not be Vitacup?)

European Wildlife/Woodland Animals (8 from 7 sculpts)
Wild Boar
Deer/Fawn - head up (small horns)
Deer/Fawn - head up (no horns)
Deer/Fawn - feeding
Stag
Squirrel
Fox
Rabbit (Hare?)

Wildlife (10)
Rhinoceros
Elephant - adult trumpeting
Elephant - baby
Polar Bear
Bison (Wisent?)
Camel - Bactrian two humped
Lion
Lioness (or Jaguar?)
Giraffe
Kangaroo
Gazelle / Dic Dic?

Birds (7)
Pheasant
Duck
Stork/Crane
Pelican
Penguin
Ostrich
Eagle (sea eagle?)

Other (1)
Three Wise Monkeys

Google isn't giving-up any others, neither is FeeBay (which has a nice group on at the moment), so that seems to be it for now. There's more on them here.

No comments: