About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, February 12, 2016

L is for Left Hand Miniatures

I don't often win something, indeed I think I've only ever won a few club raffle prizes, and the magazine letter thing I mentioned here, back at the start of the blog, but I can add a win to the total!

There was a 'Name the new figures' competition (the pictures were of the 'greens' and have been taken down now) flagged-up on one of the war gaming forums a while ago and I fired off a few ideas in the heat of the moment and forgot all about it, then last week I got an eMail from Graydon Gorby of Left Hand Miniatures informing me I had had a choice selected and - further - had won a set of the figures!

Three days later and a US Postal Service jumbo-jet into terminal 4 LHW...the figures were mine! And rather nice they are too...I'll have to try painting them, even if I only paint the one I named. I'd love to do more painting, but time and the Devil wait for no man!

So, these are they...(my suggestions in brackets)

LCHB001. - Deadeye Davina (Limilla)
LCHB002. - Haleloke (Fancy Nancy)
LCHB003. - Uma Caulder (Sierra Solo)
LCHB004. - Empress Leonesse & 'Sanura' (Gloria Regina; I forgot to name the Lion!)
LCHB005. - Holly Go Heavily Armed

Davina and Uma would would make a brilliant pair of pirates in a role-playing game of the type, or the girls make a nice eclectic gang as a group...no men! More here.

Holly go Heavily Armed! Tank-girl with 'big hair'! I posed her on Garratt's encyclopaedia because he had such a poor opinion of fantasy and sci-fi miniatures I thought a bit of karma was called for! I'm not sure what she's holding, but I know I wouldn't want to be down-range of it...a repeater fleshette-grenade pistol I think!

Empress Leonesse & 'Sanura' is a rather nice sculpt (they all are!), bringing to mind the eponymous 'She' condemning chains of captured enemies to the fiery-grave of a volcanic flume...alive! You don't mess with someone who controls a Lion...

Two of the figures come with a little spruelette of parts, Japanese swords in Uma's case, a selection of pony-tails for  Haleloke...nice figures, check them out...I'm a winner...thank you Gordon!

No comments: