About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

B is for Batman, super Bloke and Babe'alichious Babe one...

So bringing the DC season to a close with some more exclusive to Five Below stuff also contributed from Brian Berke up there in NY.

The Man Bat! A nice version of the classic TV Batman, but beefed-up a bit to meet the expectations of modern fans raised on the darker muscle-Batmen of the recent movies.

The Super-dooper Man. Brian reports that these figures are around 3-inches (90/100mm), and again this seems based on an older vision; the early - Christopher Reeve - movie Super Man, but also viewed after a steroid-based workout!

The Wounder'ful-come-to-rescue-you-in-Ann Summer's-kinky-nightwear-Woman! I had such a crush on Ms. Carter when I was a kid busy going through the crushes on TV stars phase of adolescence! I don't recall her having a polished steel brassier though, so I think this sculpt has more modern references, but it looks a bit like the old gold-lame one I remember.

Reverse of the packaging reveals that there are five in the series (which is the 2nd series issued), and that they lock together via their bases to make a shelf-display vignette. I wonder who was in the line-up of the first series, if such major characters are in the second.

Brian states he knows of no significance behind the 'New 52' graphics on both sides of the card, neither do I, anything to do with the Justice League? Are the two in the background bad guys, or other members of the Justice League? If they're baddies the other three shouldn't have their backs to them!

Close-ups of the three figures; probably doesn't add much to the post, but I've done the collage so it can stay!

2 comments:

Stad said...

Hugh
New 52 is as follows from Wikipedia
The New 52 was the 2011 revamp and relaunch by DC Comics of its entire line of ongoing monthly superhero comic books. Following the conclusion of the "Flashpoint" crossover storyline, DC cancelled all of its existing titles and debuted 52 new series in September 2011 with new first issues.[1] Among the renumbered series were Action Comics and Detective Comics, which had retained their original numbering since the 1930s Here is the link.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_52

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Stad...cleared that up!

H